A Toast to the Future! New ways of engaging.
Joseph Wright Inspired Gallery at the Museum & Art Gallery, Derby
Millennium Gallery, Sheffield Museums.
Thursday 18th and Friday 19th June 2015.
What to look out for
- Keynotes from Dr David Fleming and Kim Streets
- Doctor Who and Me: 50 Years of Doctor Who Fans - Michael Terwey from the National Media Museum will discuss how a single temporary exhibition engaged both a fan and a general audience.
- 125 years of Port Sunlight - Katherine Lynch and Stuart Irwin from Port Sunlight Museum will explore the development of the concept of ‘the village as the museum’ and the residents as curators of their own properties.
- Mapping and Laughing: Discovering the Social History of 18th Century York - Elinor Camille-Wood and Dr Helen Williams from Laurence Sterne Trust and Northumbria University will discuss partnership working and new ways of engaging.
- Rumaging and the creative potential of not knowing - Alexandra Woodall from University of Leicester will lead an interactive session around the Millennium Gallery.
You can download the full programme here:
Speaker biographies and abstracts
Need more information? Here you can download the abstracts and speaker biographies for each of the sessions at conference this year.
Early bird discount
Get a 10% discount on the Full Conference Fee if you book by 5pm on Thursday 23rd April 2015.
How to book
To book your place, please complete the booking form via Eventbrite. Please ensure you have ticked all relevant boxes on the form.
SHCG Free Place
We are also offering one free place to a delegate who has never attended an SHCG conference before. You must be an SHCG member who has not yet attended one of our events. To apply download an application form here